I take user privacy seriously. I support organisations like the EFF and Mozilla as they work to protect the liberties of people online. It would be hypocritical of me to not uphold these values myself.
Below you can find a summary of all the user data I am aware of handling. If you would like to dig deeper, keep reading to find further details of each app and service.
- Requires the Camera permission to switch on your device’s light.
- Does not record pictures or video.
- Is completely unable to transmit information of any nature, as it has no information-transmitting permissions, like Internet or Bluetooth.
- Handles no personal information.
Searchlight uses your device’s LED to light up your surroundings. Searchlight is available on Google Play.
Searchlight does not transmit information of any nature, as it has no information-transmitting permissions, like Internet or Bluetooth.
- Searchlight uses the camera’s flash to light up the LED. No pictures or videos are recorded.
- Searchlight uses wake lock to keep the LED enabled when the screen switches off on devices that need it.
Torchure uses your device’s screen to light up your surroundings. Torchure is available on Google Play.
Torchure handles no personal information.