It’s annoying when that or something similar happens — in my case, someone else had changed the code meaning I couldn’t retune the box to accept more channels.
But all is not lost! Simply follow this quick guide. This is from a Sagem ITC 62 — it may or may not be the same process for other models:
- Press Menu on your remote control.
- Select Installation. You’ll be presented with a screen where you have to enter an Installation Code.
- Press these buttons one after the other on your remote: Menu, Menu, Red button, Menu. You should be taken to a new screen displaying User Settings and Box Settings.
- Select User Settings.
Now what you do at this point is up to you. You have two choices:
Disable the Installation Code
This means that you don’t have to enter or remember an installation code in future, but it might be vulnerable to inquisitive children. If this isn’t an issue for you (or you don’t care!), follow these steps:
- Select Locking.
- Switch Box Locked and Channels Locked to No.
Change the Installation Code
If you still want an installation code for whatever reason, follow these steps:
- Select Change Installation Code.
- Enter any four digit code you like, and press OK.
- Re-enter the same code again. Press OK.
That’s it! Let me know how it goes for you.
Credit to Steven Checkley for his amazing hackery.